At Guns Up Labradors our priority is to produce healthy puppies that are structurally and genetically sound, and demonstrate the true Labrador Retriever temperament which makes the breed such wonderful family members.
We also strive to maintain the hunting instinct/drive that Labradors Retrievers are known for, and is why they are such exceptional gun dogs and working companions.
To help ensure soundness, all dogs used in our breeding program are at least 24 months of age, and will have the following final health clearances. (We do not breed on pre-liminary clearances):
- Bio Sensor or Super Dog Neurological Stimulation
- Sound Conditioning
- Rule of 7's
- Environmental Enrichment Play
- Introduction to Birds
- Introduction to Swimming (if weather permits)
- Inoculations for Infectious Disease starting at 7 weeks
- Treated for Internal Parasites at 2, 4, 6 and 8 weeks using Strongin
- Dew Claws Removed
- 7 Week CERF - Eye clearance performed by a certified veterinary Ophthalmologist (ACVO)
- Copy of Signed Puppy Purchase Agreement (Spay / Neuter Contract with Limited Registration)
- Puppy's Pedigree / Copies of Certified Pedigrees of Dam and Sire
- Copies of Dam & Sire's Health Clearances
- Copies of Dam & Sire's AKC Registration and Titles
- Photos of Dam & Sire
- AKC Puppy Registration Paperwork
- Puppy's Health Records
- Micro-Chip Registration Paperwork
- Puppy Care & Information Booklet
- Training and Reference Materials
Please Note: Completing our Puppy Questionnaire does not obligate you to take a Guns Up Labradors puppy, nor does it guarantee a puppy will be placed in your home. Once the screening process is successfully completed, all prospective Puppy buyers must sign a Guns Up Labradors Puppy Purchase Agreement.
Our Puppy Purchase Agreement includes the following Terms & Conditions:
- AKC Limited Registration - Spay or Neuter Contract
- Health Guarantee - At Time of Purchase
- On-Going Puppy Care Obligation - Care Requirements for a Safe, Happy, Healthy Dog
- Replacement Guarantee - If Functionally Unsound Due to Hereditary Defect Before 2 years
- Return Policy - If Necessary to Re-Home Dog, it Must be Returned to Guns Up Labradors
- Periodic Updates - Minimum Semi Annual Updates on Status of the Dog During its Life
desire to be intrusive. The goal of receiving periodic updates is only in the best interest of the puppy’s (Dog’s) welfare.]
Purchase Price: Guns up Labrador Puppies are sold for a total purchase price of $1,000.00.
Waiting List: Once you have successfully completed our screening process, and if you are still interested in obtaining a puppy from Guns Up Labradors, you will be added to our waiting list.
Non-Refundable Deposit: Once a litter is born and we know the number and types of puppies we have available, you will be notified. At that time a non-refundable $250.00 deposit is required to reserve a puppy for your family.